The Preliminary Schedule of Session Day, Time, and Room Locations for the 2022 NGCRC 25th International Gang Specialist Training Conference (August 1-3, 2022):
Includes all schedule information for all courses. Video Courses not listed here (video courses are completed anytime you finish viewing them on or before Aug. 4, 2021).
Last updated: 8 August 2021
LEGEND of Symbols: “Ts” = Tracks = the session credits = the training tracks that particular session gives credit for attending (the training track number is provided after the “Ts” symbol appears). Room location names are in all caps.
Schedule Entry Example: Mon. 8am-9am: (2) “A Brief Introduction to Some of the Basics of Graffiti Identification and Analysis: An Instructional Workshop (Part 1 of a 3 Part Series)”, by Robert Mulvaney, M.A., Gang Specialist, NGCRC Staff. CHICAGO BALLROOM. Ts: 1; 4; 5; 7; 8; 10; 11; 12; 16; 17; 20; 22; 25; 29; 30. The course being taught on Monday from 8:00am-9:00am (when), it is session #2 (what), session title is “(3) “A Brief Introduction to Some of the Basics of Graffiti Identification and Analysis: An Instructional Workshop (Part 1 of a 3 Part Series)”, and (who) by Robert Mulvaney, and it is taught in the CHICAGO BALLROOM (where), and it gives session credit for the following different training tracks “Ts: (why)” Track #1 is “Gang Crime Investigation Skills”. There are 30 different tracks.
You need to know your track name and your track number. The full “criss-cross” studyguide is located at https://ngcrc.crisscross.html
Sunday, July 31, 2022:
12:00pm Noon Exactly: NGCRC staff and volunteers assemble in the Operations Center (GARFIELD PARK ROOM), on the third floor, to unload the truck and prepare the Goody Bags.
3pm-8pm: Registration - pick up your ID, your registration file folder, and your goody bag at the Operations Center (GARFIELD PARK ROOM), on the third floor.
Sunday afternoon “early bird” Sessions:
3:00pm - 5:00pm:
(18) “Understanding and Preparation for the Interview of a Suspected Gang/Threat Group Member: A Workshop on Asking, Listening and Assessing Information”, by Robert Mulvaney, M.A., Gang Specialist, NGCRC Staff. MILLENIUM PARK. Ts:1; 2; 5; 7; 10; 11; 12; 13; 16; 17; 20; 22; 25.
5:00pm - 7:00pm:
(3) “Introduction to Gangs and Deviant Groups”, by Todd D. Negola, Psy.D., Gang Consultant, NGCRC Staff. MILLENIUM PARK. Ts: 1; 7; 13; 16; 19; 22.
Monday, August 1, 2022:
Registration - pick up your ID, your registration file folder, and your goody bag at the Operations Center (GARFIELD PARK ROOM), on the third floor.
7:00am - 7:45am
Opening Ceremony: CHICAGO BALLROOM. Welcoming and Opening Ceremony; Awards Ceremony; General Announcements. You need to use the West Bank of elevators to get to the Chicago Ballroom on the 16th floor.
8:00am - 9:00am:
5:00pm - 6:00pm:
(26) “Gang Prevention - Intervention - Counseling Networking Reception”. Dr. Douglas Semark and Robert Mulvaney, NGCRC Staff. Ticketed event. Door prizes. Snacks. MILLENIUM PARK. Ts: 5; 7; 12; 18; 22.
Tuesday, August 3, 2021:
6:00am - 8:00am:
12:00pm - 1:00pm:
(27) “The Christian Gang Specialist Reception”, by Robert Mulvaney, NGCRC Staff. GRANT PARK. Ts: 10; 11; 18; 22; 30.
5:00pm - 6:00pm:
(75) “The Law Enforcement, Prosecution, and Corrections Networking Reception”, by NGCRC Staff. MILLENIUM PARK. Ts: 1; 2; 13; 16; 21.
Wednesday, August 4, 2021:
7:00am - 8:00am:
5:00pm: ALL TRAINING IS OVER WITH. TRAINING ROOMS NOW BEING EVACUATED.
PROCEED DIRECTLY TO THE NGCRC OPERATIONS CENTER TO SUBMIT YOUR EVALUATION FORM TO THE NGCRC STAFF.
PICK UP YOUR CERTIFICATES IN THE OPERATIONS CENTER NOTE: HAVE YOUR EVALUATION FORM READY TO BE EXAMINED (hours counted) BY OPERATIONS CENTER SUPERVISORS (Maria & Irene) TO SEE IF YOU HAVE COMPLETED THE MINIMUM HOURS REQUIRED (24 overall, at least 4 of which are in your Training Track).
After 6:00pm: NGCRC staff have gone. Your Evaluation Form is still important. If you forgot, can you please mail your Evaluation Form to the NGCRC?
WE WISH YOU SAFE TRAVEL ON YOUR RETURN HOME. WE HOPE WE SEE YOU NEXT YEAR.
# # #